Studio motion picture film camera from the estate of the late Austrian film producer Kurt Miksch used to shoot Austrian and German feature movies – among them 1959 “Die Halbzarte' starring Romy Schneider. The submarine-like blimp is made of aluminum and was originally constructed for a Arriflex 35 II with a 120m magazine. The noise of the camera is reduced to a minimum by a sophisticated combination of insulation materials and elastic seals. The equipment consists of a fully equipped blimp (no. 298) with cassette motor and matte box, Schneider Cinegon 1.8/18mm, tripod adapter, all in an aluminum carrying case.
A wonderful piece of film history!
Photo credit: © WestLicht Photographica Auction